Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information through the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through the Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- Personal information. Personal information we collect about you may include your name, phone number, email address, street address, ZIP code, biographical information, social media profiles, your company or organization name, employment status, age, and any other forms of personal information. We may also collect personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name, address, and email address. You can always decline to provide such information to us—it is your choice, and you are under no obligation to provide personal information to us. However, if you decide not to provide such information, then you may not be able to participate in, or request, certain services, information, or materials.
- Non-Personal Information. Non-personal information we collect about you may include the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the browser and operating system that you use, the date and time you access the Services, information about how you navigate the Services (frequency, time, where you click, etc.), and other information. The Services and any emails sent to you by the Services (or otherwise by us) may utilize cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, mobile device identifiers, or similar technologies that automatically collect such information about you.
We may collect information about you in several ways, including through cookies, automatically as you navigate through the Services, through your membership application, through your correspondence if you contact us, and directly from you when you provide it to us either offline or on these Services. You also may provide messages, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or Application, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. Certain browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference based advertising purposes (“DNT Notice”). For a variety of reasons, we do not take any action based on browser based DNT Notices. Rather, if you do not wish to participate in preference based advertising activities, you should follow the opt-out processes identified in the following section.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Third-Party Use of Tracking Technologies
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any other products or services we offer or provide though them.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
For any other purpose with your consent.
- We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or that provide services on our behalf.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of an acquisition, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can change your personal information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We apply security measures that we believe are reasonable and appropriate that are designed to protect your personal information that is under our control from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Where you have a password that enables you to access our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password secure and confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we work to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in our Services.
Consent to Transfer
The Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Services or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.