One of the most important economic news in the past several months is the record-high gas prices. Consumers are frustrated every time they visit the pump for gas fill-ups. As of this writing, the national average per gallon is $4.908. Although prices have decreased over the past few weeks from over $5 per gallon, the price decrease only offers a slight relief.
With that said, motorists scramble to save as many dollars as possible when filling up their vehicles. One popular way for customers to save at the pump is by going to convenience store chains with gas stations. For Wisconsin folks, they have Woodman’s Markets.
With only 19 locations in Wisconsin and northern Illinois, Woodman’s is a relatively small supermarket chain with many locations that operate 24 hours a day. For today, let’s take a look at Woodman’s gas prices. What can you expect when filling up at a Woodman’s? Does it have good quality gas? How are the prices compared to the competition?
How Much Does Woodman’s Gas Cost?
Although not as large as other supermarket chains, Woodman’s is a beloved company in Wisconsin – boasting high ratings and reviews online. During our research, we found that Shell and BP filed a lawsuit against Woodman’s earlier this year for its low fuel prices. Thus, this gives us a clue as to why Woodman’s is popular with Wisconsinites.
For today’s breakdown of Woodman’s gas prices, we’ll once again use GasBuddy. We’ll check out several Woodman’s locations, determine the costs, and compare them with competitors in the area.
- With over 1,000+ ratings in GasBuddy, the Woodman’s in North Aurora, IL, is quite the hotspot. The location offers per-gallon pricing of $4.99, which also happens to be the lowest price in the area. Interestingly, the second-lowest prices are from CITGO at $5.69 per gallon and BP at $5.75. With almost 70 cents difference, it’s no wonder that Woodman’s is a hit with customers.
- Meanwhile, the Woodman’s in Kenosha, WI, offers a per-gallon price of $5.19 for regular and $5.49 for premium. It’s also a location with many less favorable reviews. This time, Woodman’s failed to break into Kenosha’s top ten cheapest prices – not even close. The lowest prices are provided by companies like Gulf, S Mart, Mobil, BP, and Speedway, all at $4.69 per gallon.
- Moving over to Beloit, WI, Woodman’s has a per-gallon price of $4.69 and is also one of the lowest prices in the city. Woodman’s offers more competitive pricing in this location than the competition. The cheapest gas comes from Casey’s at $4.39 per gallon and Stop N Go at $4.49 per gallon.
- Finally, we revisit Illinois with Woodman’s Carpentersville location. Once again, claiming the top spot in the lowest gas prices in the area, Woodman’s offers a per-gallon price of $5.03 on its North and South Pumps. Companies like Mobil follow it at $5.38 per gallon and Walmart at $5.49 per gallon.
Overall, Woodman’s gas prices are some of the lowest based on our research. In some cases, they’re not even competitive because they offer ridiculously low prices compared to the competition.
BE CERTAIN YOU’RE GETTING THE BEST DEAL
CoPilot searches your area and lets you know if there’s a better deal on a similar vehicle nearby, so you’re always certain you got the best deal possible. The CoPilot app is the smartest way to buy a car.
Does Woodman’s Offer Good Gas Quality?
Here at CoPilot, we believe that, for the most part, gas is gas. Provided you’re not filling up at some seed gas stations, the quality is likely not that different - unless you’re talking about TOP TIER fuel brands, which were proven to provide benefits for the vehicle. One of the primary benefits of TOP TIER gas is that it has fewer carbon deposits than traditional brands.
According to research by AAA, TOP TIER gas offers 19 times fewer carbon deposits in components such as the intake valves and combustion chamber. Furthermore, AAA has found that TOP TIER fuel provides a cleansing effect and improves overall fuel efficiency.
With that said, Woodman’s gas isn’t a TOP TIER brand. Unfortunately, during our research, we were unable to find some solid articles or references to the quality of Woodman’s gas. On the bright side, we also didn’t see complaints about Woodman’s gas quality or business practices. However, we did find many comments about how Woodman’s is some people’s favorite gas station.
THE BEST USED LUXURY CARS ON THE MARKET
Buying a used or CPO luxury car is one of the smartest buys you can make - you can get a lot of car for not much money. You can pick up a three-year-old luxury car for about half of what you’d pay new. Check out this list of the best used luxury cars on the market to find the best deals.
What are the Ways to Save on Woodman’s Gas Prices?
If you’re looking to stack your gas savings when filling up at Woodman’s gas stations, you’re out of luck. Our research shows Woodman’s doesn’t offer a gas rewards program. Other supermarket chains like Safeway and Krogers have points or reward systems where customers can shop inside the stores and receive gas discounts based on the purchase amount.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like Woodman’s offers a fuel savings program for customers. But of course, this may vary from location to location, but as far as we know, Woodman’s doesn’t have such programs. We did find that the company offers digital and printable coupons, but none of them apply to gas sales. While disappointing, it’s understandable because the supermarket chain already has one of the cheapest gas prices in many of its areas of operations.
Tips on How to Save Money at the Pump
Now that you have an idea about Woodman’s gas prices, it’s time for some quick tips to help you save at the pump.
- Shop around: Remember that convenience is the enemy of savings, which rings true for gas prices. Use gas tracking apps like GasBuddy to search your local area and find the best prices available.
- Combine your trips: One of the best ways to save gas is to drive less, which means you should also maximize your trips. Combine your errands and knock them down with the fewest trips possible.
- Use cashback apps: Some apps are more than happy to give you money for the things you already do. For example, the Upside app works with Woodman’s Markets, so you can earn up to 14% cashback on your purchases – money you can use for gas.
- Consider paying with cash: Cash is hard to beat, even at the pump. Some gas stations charge a lower price when paying cash. Fortunately, Woodman’s only accepts cash, debit, or check, so you’re in the clear.
THE BEST USED SUVS UNDER $10,000
We looked into price, reliability, features, and more to create this list of the best used SUVs under $10k on the market today. Take a look - some of the best used SUVs have gone mostly overlooked or forgotten.
Get a Curated List of the Best Used Cars Near You
The CoPilot car shopping app is the easiest way to buy a car. Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll search the inventories of every dealership in your area to make you a personalized list of the best car listings in your area.
Only looking for newer models? CoPilot Compare is the search engine for nearly-new cars. Only see cars five years or newer with low mileage — CoPilot Compare is the best way to find off-lease, early trade-in, and CPO cars.
The best part? CoPilot is built using the same technology that dealerships use to buy and sell their inventories, so we have more info on each vehicle than competitors. CoPilot doesn’t work with dealerships, so there are no sponsored posts or other shady practices — just the most info on the best cars. Check out our About Us page to see how CoPilot works.