An oil change is a routine maintenance step for your car, and it’s about as mundane as it gets. As one of the most common procedures for vehicle maintenance, you shouldn’t have to wait long to get an oil change. With that said, there are dozens of auto maintenance chains where you can get your oil changed. Whether your concern is price, location, or quality of service, there’s an oil change service that should fit your needs and budget.
One of the leading names in oil change maintenance is SpeeDee, a relatively common company depending on where you live. If you’re interested in a SpeeDee oil change, you’re probably wondering if it’s a good chain to get your vehicle serviced.
For today’s post, we’re highlighting the oil change and auto service chain, SpeeDee. Is it a good company for getting an oil change? What can you expect when getting a SpeeDee oil change? Let’s get to it.
The SpeeDee Story and Overview
SpeeDee was first established in Metairie, Louisiana, at the end of 1980. Auto repair stations were on the decline at the time, but car sales were steady, and the demand for oil changes increased. As a result, more consumers went to oil change businesses and availed of their related services. Before long, SpeeDee grew as a quick lube and automotive tune-up service business and was renamed SpeeDee Oil Change & Tune-Up to indicate the added services.
FEEL SECURE IN THE CAR YOU CHOOSE
You don’t want to buy a car - you want to get the best deal on the car you’re looking for. The CoPilot app will notify you if there’s a similar vehicle in your area at a better price, so you’re always certain you got the best deal available.
By the mid-90s, SpeeDee had generated more franchise branches and started offering brake services. This turned SpeeDee into a full-service auto maintenance and repair company. In 2008, the SpeeDee franchise became a subsidiary of Midas International Corporation. The two companies implemented a co-branding strategy surrounding the three most common automotive maintenance services: oil changes, brakes, and tires.
In 2013, the company was rebranded again into SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service to advertise its vast array of services better. In 2017, the company grew even more prominent as it became a subsidiary of Grease Monkey International LLC, giving investors more opportunities to franchise one of the country’s largest fast lube centers.
SpeeDee has prided itself in providing high-quality, reliable, and professional automotive services for 40 long years now. As of this writing, SpeeDee has 150 across the U.S. and operates in the Gulf Coast, Texas, Mid-Atlantic, California, and New England regions.
What Makes SpeeDee Stand Out From the Competition?
According to SpeeDee, these are the ways that helped them stand out from other oil change providers:
- Locally Owned: SpeeDee claims that most of its locations are locally owned and run by families that serve the people in their respective communities.
- Quality Service: SpeeDee claims to be wholly committed to providing high-quality and friendly service to every customer walking up to one of their franchise locations – more than what you would typically get from a local business or national chain.
- Trained and Certified Staff: SpeeDee guarantees that all its staff members and technicians are adequately trained and ASE-certified for tune-ups, mechanical work, and other repair services.
- Free Top-Off Service: One of the unique offerings by SpeeDee is its free top-off service. After three months or 3,000 miles, customers will receive a free top-off service following any oil change or tune-up service. This helps ensure that your vehicle runs smoothly and safely.
- Courtesy Check and Service Review: Whenever you bring your vehicle to a SpeeDee location for a 17-Point Oil Change, you’ll also receive a multi-point courtesy check and a service presentation free of charge. The courtesy check helps ensure that your vehicle is in tip-top shape and doesn’t need anything else repaired.
- Record Keeping for Customers: You probably don’t remember the last time you had an oil change. With SpeeDee, you don’t have to keep a record of anything because the company will do it for you. SpeeDee keeps track of your maintenance history and the manufacturer’s recommended service schedule.
THE BEST TWO-SEATER CARS
If you’re in the market for a speedy two-seater, we’ve got you covered. Check out our list of the best two-seater cars on the market today.
SpeeDee 17-Point Oil Change: What’s Included?
As the name implies, the main draw of SpeeDee is its quick and efficient oil change. However, the company doesn’t just offer regular oil changes but a 17-point oil change. On top of the standard oil change, SpeeDee also includes the following services free of charge during oil changes:
- New oil filter installation
- Lube chassis (if applicable)
- Check/top-off transmission fluid
- Check/top-off differential fluid
- Check/top-off radiator coolant
- Check/top-off power steering fluid
- Check/top-off windshield washer fluid
- Check/top-off battery fluid
- Check the brake fluid level
- Inspect air filter
- Inspect cabin air filter
- Inspect wiper blades
- Inspect belts and hoses
- Monitor tire pressure
- Clean windshields
- Reset oil light
- Free top-off service
Speedee Oil Change Price
How much will it cost you to get an oil change from SpeeDee? According to Prices and Fees, a conventional SpeeDee oil change will cost you an average of $30. The company also offers high-mileage oil change at $40 and a full synthetic oil change at $80. SpeeDee frequently provides coupons to help customers save, or you can find deals on Groupon for more savings.
8 QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN BUYING A USED CAR
So you’re in the market for a used vehicle? We’ve gone ahead and prepped some essential questions to ask when buying a used car.
SpeeDee Reviews: What Do Customers Say?
What do the actual customers say about SpeeDee and its services? Here are some reviews you can find online:
Great Service. Can’t be beat. These guys are friendly and fast. Make appropriate recommendations and do not hard sell. I will always go here from now on. Thank you Groupon for helping me find this great business - Jen via BirdEye
I would have liked a better explanation of the charges. They performed some type of inspection and charged me for it. I gave 4 stars cause the service was fast. - 2003 TOYOTA RAV4 Owner via CarFax
Visited speedy yesterday, I was asked to have a seat while my car was being serviced in a very clean and comfortable wait area. They found an additional problem and the cost was very reasonable. I was in and out in 45 minutes. - Della via Google Reviews
Overall, SpeeDee mainly received positive customer reviews, praising the company’s quick and efficient oil changes. However, the company received much negative feedback outside the standard Speedee oil change. If you’re looking for a good place to get a quick oil change, SpeeDee is a good chain to consider.
Get a Curated List of the Best Used Cars Near You
The CoPilot car shopping app is the easiest way to buy a car. Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll search the inventories of every dealership in your area to make you a personalized list of the best car listings in your area.
Only looking for newer models? CoPilot Compare is the search engine for nearly-new cars. Only see cars five years or newer with low mileage — CoPilot Compare is the best way to find off-lease, early trade-in, and CPO cars.
The best part? CoPilot is built using the same technology that dealerships use to buy and sell their inventories, so we have more info on each vehicle than competitors. CoPilot doesn’t work with dealerships, so there are no sponsored posts or other shady practices — just the most info on the best cars. Check out our About Us page to see how CoPilot works.